Digital Engagement Coordinator (RRL022)
Wagga Wagga City Council seeks a dynamic and tech savvy Digital Engagement Coordinator to join the Riverina Regional Library (RRL) team. This new position will transform, reimagine and implement a new digital engagement strategy across our large regional network of libraries.
What we will offer you:
- Commencing salary of $3,486.36 gpf with the opportunity to progress to $4,183.63 gpf + superannuation.
- Permanent full time hours with access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- Generous leave entitlements
- Training and development opportunities
Your new role:
Reporting directly to the Executive Director Riverina Regional Library, this role is responsible for the redevelopment of the Riverina Regional Library’s digital engagement presence.
The scope of the role includes a review of the Digital Engagement Division structure; website redevelopment and ongoing maintenance; maximising social media engagement; reviewing and implementing digital preservation strategies; optimising the organisation’s Library Management System (particularly in relation to electronic collection management capacity); managing RFID systems; and reviewing digital support arrangements with member councils.
The key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Lead, mentor, challenge and inspire the Digital Engagement team;
- Challenge the RRL Management Team with suggestions, innovations and continuous improvement strategies to make RRL a digital engagement exemplar; and
- Collaborate and consult with member Council’s and branch libraries and think outside the square to reimagine RRL’s Digital Engagement aspirations.
What you need to succeed:
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the role e.g. Information Technology and/or Digital Engagement qualifications;
- Substantial experience relevant to the role including development and rollout of digital engagement strategies. Library experience may be advantageous but is not essential;
- The ability to lead, inspire and manage a team and collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders; and
- Experience in administering complex IT systems, as well as high level website development and social media skills.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current resume,
- Statement Addressing the Position Criteria contained within the Position Description (a template has been provided below for use within applications).
What is next?
Applications close Monday, 1 June 2020 at midnight AEDST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 15 June 2020.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://recruit.wagga.nsw.gov.au/jobs/
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact RRL Executive Director, Robert Knight on 02 6926 9777.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.