Mobile Library Operator (RRL017)
The Riverina Regional Library (RRL) is the largest regional library service in NSW. It provides library services to approximately 140,800 constituents of 10 local government areas. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team!
- Permanent Part-Time (one day per week)
- Remuneration of from $31.84 gross per hour
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous leave entitlements
Your new role:
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Operating and maintaining Mobile Library vehicle and equipment;
- Adhering to a defined timetable and providing quality customer service; and
- Follow written and verbal guidelines in relation to mobile library operations.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone who has:
- A current Class HC Driver’s Licence;
- A WH&S Construction Induction Certificate (White) and a NSW RTA Traffic Certificate – Traffic Control (Yellow);
- You will also need a current Working with Children Check and a National Driver Work Diary;
- A good driving record and be able to demonstrate solid time management and excellent customer service skills; and
- Has highly developed communication, interpersonal and organisational skills. Computer skills are an advantage.
There may also be casual relief-driving opportunities to backfill for periods of leave of other Mobile Library staff.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current Resume, and
- Statement Addressing Focus Questions – Maximum three pages (a template has been provided below for use within applications).
- Please outline why you are interested in this role?
- Can you please outline your qualifications, skills, and experience relevant to this role including operating and maintaining a heavy articulated vehicle?
- Please provide examples of previous roles or experiences that have required effective communication and great customer service skills.
What is next?
Applications close at 11.59pm on Friday, 23 April 2021 with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 26 April 2021.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Robert Knight on 02 6926 9777.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.